Sunday, April 17, 2011

"Can I break the spell of the typical?"

(^MuteMath, "Typical"^)

Like a lot of people my age, I want my own place or somewhere to call home, a nice job, a family one day. Pretty typical, though exciting and alluring for me. Does not really set me apart from anyone. My highest career goal is to help people. Not be known for it or even recognized, I just want to be able to help.

In a freaky way,  though I am my own person, there are so many people out there; someone is thinking what I'm thinking, someone else is just as "unique". They are wondering what I am, making similar plans. Not a pleasant way of looking at it when you want to be an individual, right?

But here's the thing... no one else can be you. You own who you are, and you are unqiue, able, important. Your thoughts, feelings, emotions, your soul... It's easy to lose sight of that when we pull back and look at the world as a whole sometimes, that even if we are similar to others, even if we don't seem to stand out in some perspectives, we are still important. We matter.


-iNTune

No comments:

Post a Comment