Sunday, May 29, 2011

Finally, a second to sit down and READ! :)

If there's ever a time to fall asleep, it's when you start seeing things that shouldn't be there. Unless you're with Sam and Dean Winchester that is, then I suggest you stock up on Starbucks.

I'm re-reading So You Want To Be A Wizard, first book of my favorite series. It has been running since 1983, and there are 9 books out, with more on the way. The last book came out last year, and I really really REALLY want the next book to come out soon!

I guess you could say the series is about Wizardry, but it's not like Harry Potter. Wizards in the world of Diane Duane work to slow entropy (the universe running out). Two kids, Kit Rodriguez and Nita Callahan, become wizards, and then partners in wizardry after they face their Ordeal together. It's a really, really great series, I highly suggest it. Now because of the different time periods Duane wrote these in, each book is a tiny bit different, although she tries to keep them consistent. I love all of the books, but the newer ones I will admit, I liked them more. I started reading at the 4th or 5th book and went back to the others, but I guess you should probably start from the beginning...

-iNTune

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for the nice words!

    BTW, this might interest you:

    http://www.dianeduane.com/outofambit/2011/05/30/young-wizards-new-millennium-editions-a-little-more-info/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for taking the time to comment on this! :)

    ReplyDelete